At the Ink Collective, we love tattoos (of course). But there are so many to choose from! It can be hard to decide what your next tattoo should be, so we thought we’d come up with a list of tips on how to decide your next tattoo.
1. Consider the Meaning: When selecting your next tattoo, it’s important to think about the meaning behind your choice. Ask yourself why you want this particular tattoo. What does it represent to you? Is it a tribute to a lost loved one, a reminder of a special event, or a symbol of your faith? Is it because you like the design, because you like the artist, or simply because you can? Whatever the reason, make sure that you’re happy with it, because that’s what matters.
2. Think About Placement: Placement is another important factor to consider when selecting your next tattoo. Where do you want the tattoo to be located on your body? Think about how visible it will be, and how it will look with clothes or other tattoos you may have.
3. Research Your Design: Once you know what the tattoo is going to mean to you and where you want it placed, it’s time to research your design. Look through tattoo galleries and websites to get inspiration and ideas. You can also use Google Images to find images that you can use for your tattoo.
4. Choose an Artist: Once you’ve decided on your design, it’s time to choose an artist. Look for artists who specialize in the style you’re looking for and make sure they have a good reputation. Research the artist’s portfolio and read reviews from past clients. You can then work with the artist to fine tune your tattoo and make alterations to the design so that it ends up being everything you want it to be.
5. Take the Plunge: Finally, take the plunge and get your tattoo! Make sure you take the necessary precautions before and after getting your tattoo and follow the artist’s instructions for aftercare.
Deciding on your next tattoo can be a tough decision, but with the right research and thoughtfulness, you can end up with a tattoo you’ll love for years to come.